Sunday, January 2, 2011

They Hear What They Want

Me: "Noah, where do you want to go to college?" Noah is 4 and a half but it's never too early to start inquiring!

Noah: "I want to go to southern Alaska." SOUTHERN ALASKA? Where is that coming from? I didn't know Noah knew the words southern or Alaska. I truly never know what is going to come out of his mouth.

Joshua: "Noah, there is too much snow in Alaska. Pick some other place."

Noah: "Where did you go mom?"

Me: "Michigan State Univeristy."

Noah: "Oh ok. I'll go to University of Michigan like you and daddy." HOW could he have just heard that? How?? There was no TV on, no flying saucers going through the room- there was NOTHING to distract this kid and yet he transposed the very critical order of words.

Joshua: He said nothing because he was rolling around on the floor laughing at Noah's unintended verbal slur and the clear look of ARE YOU KIDDING ME on my face. Joshua has been threatening attendance at U of M for years at this point. And even bought a Go Blue t-shirt the last time we were in Michigan- with his own money.

I have professional baby pictures of both boys sporting MSU onesies. I think they are holding it against me or something.

-Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment